Most clips and photos on our site may be used in virtually any commercial or editorial context, including:
• commercials for online or broadcast use
• documentary or journalistic videos
• feature-length and short films
• explainers and corporate videos
• websites and digital media
• video games and software applications
• designs, publications, and websites for commercial use
When you buy stock footage or photography from Dissolve, you license the right to use it in your projects in the ways described by each product’s royalty-free or rights-managed license.
What is a Royalty-free license?
Royalty-free (RF) clips or photos may be used for an unlimited number of projects, unlimited mediums, worldwide, in perpetuity by the end licensee. The clips or photos also may be used based on their release status.
See our licensing page for more information on our royalty-free licenses.
What is a Rights-managed license?
Rights-managed (RM) clips and photos are available for licensing per project, defined by a combination of medium (such as advertising, television show, or film), intended usage (such as theatrical, festival rights, online advertising), scale (region or target audience), and duration (i.e., one year or the life of the project). Your usages must also take into account the clip or photo's release status.